Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Elizabeth is 6 Months Old!

Elizabeth is 6 months old! Last Memorial Day at the lake, I took my first "pregnancy picture."

Yeah - I thought I had a belly there! You'll notice there is not a full-length shot from this Memorial Day.
Now, a year later, we have our beautiful 6-month old baby girl.
Its been a rough month for our baby. She got her first ear infection - which was not killed by the first round of antibiotics. We've just finished our second round and I think the ear infection is still hanging around. We see Dr. D. for our 6-month "well" visit on Wednesday, hopefully I'm wrong. She's also been trying really hard to get her first teeth to show up. Still no sign of them, but they are really giving her hell. Poor baby. She's almost sitting up on her own. Actually she can for a second or two. It's so cute! Then she falls over. But she'll be there in the next couple of weeks, I'm sure. She goes to sleep by 7 and sleeps until 6:30. Well, except for the once or twice she gets up to eat. She's eating oatmeal at breakfast, a vegetable or fruit for lunch and one or two fruits and/or vegetables for dinner. She loves loves her baby food. Even bananas which had a rough start. Poor baby is also losing her hair. I thought for sure we were keeping the beautiful red hair we were born with, but lately it's becoming apparent that her hair is falling out. Not sure if it will come back the same beautiful red or if maybe we do get a blonde baby after all. Will keep you updated. And her name is still Elizabeth. People often ask us what we call her, and while I thought for sure we'd give her a nickname, she is simply Elizabeth. A big name for a little girl, but I think it suits her!
Happy 6 Months, baby girl!

0 comments: