Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Baby-Filled Weekend

Whew! We have had a super busy baby-filled weekend. And it's been great!

Saturday mom and I did some shopping (and came home with several new outfits for Miss Elizabeth, as well as socks and headbands - I want people to know she's a girl when she shows up!) And I had a prenatal massage - I highly recommend it.

Saturday night we attended a baby shower with the lawyers in my office hosted by my bud Jennifer and her husband Chad. Thanks Jennifer and Chad, for a fantastic party! We ate Macaroni Grill (yum!), socialized and came home with some fabulous gifts. Of course when we got home we spent the next two hours playing with all our new baby stuff! It's all so much fun! The cats were very interested in all the stuff too. Especially the pack n play - both Desi and Jack got up in it to check it out. Hopefully if we let them explore all this stuff now, when Elizabeth shows up and is actually using the stuff, they'll be bored with it. That's my hope anyway!

Today we attended a "Preparation for Child Birth" class from 9-4 at the hospital. Not only did it answer all the questions we've had (I think the instructor may have started to get slightly annoyed by all of my questions - but hey, that's why we were there), but it also gave us tons of information that we hadn't even thought to be wondering about. There were 11 other pregnant ladies and their people (mostly spouses, one mother, and one lesbian couple who is adopting the teenage mama's baby) and all of them were as clueless about this process as we are. So that made me feel better. We also got a tour of the hospital and saw exactly where we'll be checking in, where we'll go for labor and delivery, where we'll be post-partum and the nursery (although apparently now its standard for the baby to "room in" with us, so except for the a few hours she'll be in the nursery getting checked out, she'll be in our room).

After the class we went to Barnes and Noble and Borders looking for a baby book (not a book about babies, but a baby "memory" book to record all about the baby.) I had spent half an hour looking at all the ones at Babies R Us on Saturday and none of them felt just right. But at Borders Eric found one with a yellow bunny on the cover. Both Eric and I had yellow bunnies as babies (mine was "Bun-Bun" and his was "Whitney" (Whitney is a boy, he's always quick to point out)). So that seemed to be a sign and sure enough it had everything I wanted in it. So now we have a baby book to record everything about her.

Whew! I'm exhausted! It's been such a fun weekend and has really made it feel like we're getting close. Can't wait to go get a look at Elizabeth on the ultrasound on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll have some pictures of her to post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! you'll have to let me know if you learned anything we should know about baby bathing, etc.

Anonymous said...

This class was really just about how to get her out of me - in 2 weeks we'll go to another series of classes about what to do with her once she shows up! So I'll be sure that pass all that along.